jeudi 10 janvier 2019

bad poems #10: feeling like white noise at the social science department café where i like to study because it has an almost perfect level of white noise noise that doesn't suffocate like complete silence does but also isn't too loud or distracting (except during lunchtimes when people sit at my table and speak at length about their boring lives) and where i can get a hot drink for very cheap

i
earlier i spilled tea
all over myself in the
ssl café

ii
55p tea
regular, milk and sugar
in a huge cup that

iii
i didn't put a
lid on because... i don't know
i guess i'm just dumb

iv
i was opening
my notebook to check something
about h. wölfflin

v
when it fell over
a burning sensation on
my lap and my thighs

vi
it splashed on the floor
(but thank god not my laptop)
i had to move spots

vii
my body was moist
my brand new brown pants felt cold
against my sad skin

viii
only after a 
while did i notice that my
favorite shirt, which

ix
i bought in japan
was wet, and would stain slowly
as it dried, a brown

x
patch with dark edges
i thought about going home
(which was very close)

xi
to change my shirt and
soak this one before it stains
but i had only

xii
recently arrived
at the ssl to do
some work, finally

xiii
and could not bear the
waste of time and energy
i also could not

xiv
simply take off
my shirt because the turtle-
neck is see through. so

xv
i have been sitting
here, sunken into a deep
inexplicable

xvi
state of depression
as if that tea had been my
only connection

xvii
to some kind of will
to live. i don't know if this
stain will wash out now

xviii
and it fills me with
incomprehensible sadness.
i'm demotivated.

xix
i was going to
go to edamame but
i don't think curry

xx
will heal me today.
nothing seems to matter now
all i want is to

xxi
lie in my bed and...
wait. no, not that. i want to...
i don't know. i want...

xxii
some kind of respite
(temporary) from being
conscious and feeling

xxiii
so i can stop this
void that has opened itself
in my tea-stained chest.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire